Urology Partners at EAU Congress 2017
Urology Partners are looking forward to joining colleagues from across the world at this year’s EAU Congress in London from Friday 24 to Monday 27 March.
We are delighted to have 2 films on EAUTV which feature Neil Barber, Richard Hindley and Tim Nedas at their respective NHS posts in Frimley Park and Basingstoke Hospital.
The films focus on clinical trials and how the hospitals and consultants have got involved. The main topics covered are
1. Greenlight Laser - GOLIATH trial,
2. Urolift -BPH6 trial,
3. mpMRi scanning and the PROMIS trial,
4. Focal therapy and the Index Light trial.
The films cover the whole patient pathway and include interviews with our wonderful nursing team who are highly skilled and experienced in Urology and patients who have been involved in the trials as well.
The videos are available on here on You Tube and the EAU homepage
Neil Barber will be involved in the conference sessions as well at the following:
Saturday 25 March
1. Presenting an aquablation video in EAU technologies session
2. Presenting 2 year outcome data from BPH 6 study ( urolift vs TURP) and 5 year data from the LIFT study . A summary of the long term outcome of Urolift at the Neotract dinner
Sunday 26 March
1. Representing 'water' in a debate in minimally invasive surgery for bph- 'electricity vs light vs water'
2. Chairing a session on 'improving outcomes in partial nephrectomy' - the procedure to remove a tumour from the kidney which he uses the Da Vinci Robot to assist and ensure total precision and less risk in affecting kidney function.